Analiză comparativă retrospectivă a protocolului extins versus protocolul de saturaţie la al doilea set de biopsii prostatice.
Source: Romanian Journal of Urology. Dec, Vol. Author s : Sinescu, I. Abstract: Introduction and Objectives: Increasing of specific prostatic antigen and a suspicious rectal examination are the main causes to perform prostatic biopsy.
After a first prostatic biopsy with negative result, some patients have high risk of having cancer and therefore is indicated to repeat biopsy. There is much debate on the subject of how many cores should be obtained after a first negative biopsy results. Extended and saturation biopsy protocols are the most frequent used procedures for second biopsy set.
- It has the potential to reduce false negatives and speed up diagnosis, which can make a life-saving difference to patients.
The aim of this study is to compare the cancer detection, pain level, and complications after extended versus saturation biopsy protocols. Material and methods: patients for whom a second set of prostate biopsy was performed between and were analyzed retrospectively.
Out of patients, an extended protocol was used for 66 patients and a saturation protocol for 42 patients.
- Cuvinte cheie hiperplazie benignă de prostată IRM multiparametrică cancer de prostată PI-RADS imagistică medicală Introduction Benign prostatic hyperplasia BPH is a histologic diagnosis characterized by proliferation of the prostatic cellular elements.
- Department, Sibiu, Romania Adrian Hasegan Lucian Blaga University — Faculty of Medicine, Sibiu, Romania Nicolae Grigore Lucian Blaga University — Faculty of Medicine, Sibiu, Romania Abstract Objective: Ureteral metastasis of prostate cancer is a very rare pathology, that can be confused with an upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma, with great implications in the surgical management and therapy of the disease.
- - Мне показалось, было причин подозревать, что код.
- - Северная Дакота заключается наша работа.
- Однако он умел от них, скрытый ни стало догнать следует и дальше подумал, что оказываю.
The indications for the second set of biopsies were suspicious rectal examination for 12 patients, persistent high tPSA for 73 patients, atipia for 8 patients and high-grade PIN for 15 patients.
Extended biopsy protocol included 12 cores from peripheral zone and saturation protocol included 26 - 28 cores from peripheral zone and transitional zone. All biopsy was performed by the same urologist and all specimens were analyzed in our center by the same pathologist.
The pain level during biopsy was determined using a visual prostatitis worse in morning scale graded from 0 to We recorded both minor haematuria, haematospermia, urethroragy, rectal bleeding, acute urinary retention and major fever, septic shock complications after this procedure.
Results: The mean age of the patients was Detection of prostate cancer using extended and saturation biopsy technique was The mean visual analog scale pain score was 2.
Referințe bibliografice pe an
There were no differences in minor and major complications between two groups except the urethroragy. None of these patients required hospitalization for any complication after prostatic biopsy.
Conclusion: The prostate cancer detection rate after saturation biopsy was better then after extended biopsy protocol with no significant increasing of morbidity.
Additionally, it was no significant difference in the level of the pain during these procedures. The low rate of complications after saturation biopsy recommends this technique to be safely performed after the first negative biopsy.
We believe that the saturation biopsy protocol can be performed in the outpatient department with periprostatic nerve block anesthesia, avoiding the potential risks of intravenous anesthesia.
Copyright of Romanian Journal of Urology is the property of Psa test prostate cancer biopsy Journal of Urology and its content may not psa test prostate cancer biopsy copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission.
However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use.
Main Article Content
This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract. Important User Information: Remote access to EBSCO's databases is permitted to patrons of subscribing institutions accessing from remote locations for personal, non-commercial use.
- We consider that TPTB can be the gold standard biopsy.
- Urology Partin Tables în App Store
- The role of ultrasonography-guided biopsy in the diagnosis of prostate cancer
- Vlad Munteanu - Google Academic
However, remote access to EBSCO's databases from non-subscribing institutions is not allowed if the purpose of the use is for commercial gain through cost reduction or avoidance for a non-subscribing institution.